Wellness services are a broad spectrum of services designed to improve and optimize your physical, mental, emotional, nutritional, and spiritual health.
We provide a variety of wellness services to improve your physical health. Often, the improvement in your physical health impacts other aspects of your wellbeing.
Designing an Individualized Program for You
The first thing we do when creating a wellness program is perform a thorough evaluation of your present state of wellbeing. From there, we create a personalized program to help you achieve your goals. Some of the areas we focus on are:
- Strength & Endurance
- Bone Health
- Heart & Lung Health
- Balance and Fall Prevention
- Flexibility & Posture
- Nutrition Advice
- Wellness Counseling
- Management of Systemic Muscle & Joint Problems (e.g., arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, etc.)
Your wellness is our specialty. Please give us a call to learn more about how we can help.
- Moveforwardpt.com Health Centers - http://www.moveforwardpt.com/HealthCenters
- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes - https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/
Shares healthy shopping and cooking tips, videos on food preparation, and free healthy recipes. Register for a free account to join the online community, where you can save your favorite recipes in a personalized virtual recipe box.
- Smokefree.gov - http://www.smokefree.gov/
Can help you or someone you care about quit smoking. Use the step-by-step quit guide, talk to an expert, and find other tools to help you quit.
- Rethinking Drinking - http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/
Provides research-based information about how your drinking habits can affect your health. Learn to recognize the signs of alcohol problems and ways to cut back or quit drinking. Interactive tools can also help you calculate the calories and alcohol content of drinks.
- Noisy Planet. Protect Your Hearing - http://www.noisyplanet.nidcd.nih.gov/Pages/Default.aspx
Can teach you about the causes and prevention of noise-induced hearing loss so that you and your family can enjoy healthy hearing for life. Approximately 26 million Americans have noise-induced hearing loss, but it is completely preventable.
- NIDA for Teens - http://teens.drugabuse.gov/
Learn how drugs affect the body and hear from teens who've struggled with addiction. This interactive web site has quizzes, videos, games, and a blog that shows the science behind drug abuse.
- Healthy Eyes - https://www.nei.nih.gov/healthyeyes
Offers science-based tools and tips for keeping your eyes healthy. Learn about eye exams, low vision, glaucoma, and diabetic eye disease.
- NIHSeniorHealth - http://nihseniorhealth.gov/
Features research-based information about a range of health issues for older adults. Learn about healthy aging with short, easily accessible information in a variety of formats.
- We Can! - http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/wecan/
A national education program designed to give parents and communities ways to help kids stay at a healthy weight, can help your family avoid excess pounds. Get tips on choosing low-calorie snacks, getting active, and cooking fun, healthy meals.
- Talking to Your Doctor - https://www.nih.gov/institutes-nih/nih-office-director/office-communications-public-liaison/clear-communication/talking-your-doctor
Links you to NIH resources that can help you make the most of your conversations with your doctor. Communication is key to good health care. Get tips for asking questions and talking openly about your symptoms and concerns.
- NIH's Office of Dietary Supplements - https://ods.od.nih.gov/
Here you can learn how to choose and use dietary supplements wisely. This site provides reliable answers to common questions. You can also download a free mobile app for the iPhone or iPad to track supplements you take to share with your doctor.
- The Bone Resource Center - http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/default.asp
Provides information about the role of bones in your body and what you can do to protect them. Learn from interactive tools, find out about bone disorders, and get ideas to help kids build strong bones.
- Know Stroke - http://stroke.nih.gov/
- Know the Signs. Act in Time.Know StrokeCan help you learn the signs of stroke and the importance of getting to the hospital quickly. Fast medical action is key to successful recovery from stroke. Stroke strikes fast, and you should too.
- Aim for a Healthy Weight - http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/index.htm
Aim for a Healthy Weight can help you learn how to reach and maintain a healthy weight by taking small steps to change your lifestyle. Find tips for eating well at home and on the road, and for becoming more physically active.
- The Heart Truth - http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/hearttruth/
Can help you learn about the dangers of heart disease in women and how to lower your risk.
- NIH's Weight-control Information Network - http://win.niddk.nih.gov/
Provides science-based information on obesity, physical activity, and weight control.